Our Ethical Trading Policy
We have 2 over riding priorities on ethical trade – the welfare of workers in our supply chain and ensuring a sustainable environment impact. Shepherd & Woodward use the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) base code as its standard for all primary suppliers across all its business.
The code states:
1. Employment is freely chosen
2. Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
3. Working conditions are safe and hygienic
4. Child labour shall not be used
5. Living wages are paid
6. Working hours are not excessive
7. No discrimination is practised
8. Regular employment is provided
9. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed
At Shepherd & Woodward we only use artificial fur.
Many of the hoods that we keep in stock include a white fur trim which traditionally was made using the skins of rabbits.
We strongly believe that the breeding of animals for their skins is not justified so we use high quality alternatives instead.